I've had this on the 'ol mental burner for the last few weeks...prolly been slowly coalating for weeks/months really but I keep falling into procrastination and distraction routines..I just left a comment on someone else's blog and it had me as "cloudface" after I posted the comment-I thought annoymously...so now there's the slightest chance someone could find this blog outa boredom so I might as well use it instead of creating a new one-been trying to think of a 'cool' name' that was also original but trying too hard to seem cool is the definition of "bonedeep wanker"...
Anyway the topic at hand-the thing which made me go google then leave a comment when I found further "rage fuel" is fucking ZKLR...well seeing yet another ZKLR sticker pic in Scene and it being a pic where he's commodifying Charlie Manson and getting steamed about that was the first part.
Charlie aint like Che; he can't be easily iconified into just "this face means this"-people in general don't "get" Charlie or what he was trying to accomplish (and failed at horrifically obviously) most people refer to him as a serial killer or mass murder for instance when he wasn't really...[time passes] this is taking too long to google for facts...I'll fix up later maybe...the point is Che has been simplied to a symbol that you can now get on a taget t-shirt and ZKLR with his completely meaningless attempts at-I dunno, "pop art" is being kind-is going and using Charlies image to self promote for no deeper purpose than to get the name ZKLR in the zeitgeist...he's gone far past saturation point in the Valley/city/New Farm/everywhere and it's comepletely devoid of substance-it's worse than being assaulted by advertisements; at least they sometimes have cultural referances than you can daydream basejump from...I get more and more pissed at every pedestrian crossing, street sign etc etc I get to and casual pas my eyes past and see some trite image like a skull or Betty Page with ZKLR and now I've seen that he's doing it with Charlie!
The second thing that happened was-within 20 minutes or so I cued up a shiteload of songs I nab thru mum's Internet conection while looking for cocktail recipes for tomorrow...trawled some good blogs and came up for air with...500mb! worth...anyway I put on the first one and it happened to be a Little Boots song...I was already steamed and then this song comes on and less than a minute in I get up and storm out cuz I'm pissed-the song is really good and there's absolutely no reason why she's not being pushed by PR etc down here or found her way onto radio-I've known about her since at least June when I got a remix of 'Stuck on repeat' and still there's no word of her except for a brief mention on "London News" on JJJ the other week...she's still not on the playlist...pisses me off every time I hear some shithouse new song that the music director of a radio station has chosen to add to the stations rotation over something fantastic I've found on an overseas blog-songs get played on radio before they get 'official' releases all the time...
Anyway both of these things combined have sorta broken the camels back-I went out into the kitchen and was sorta pacing and muttering but not as crazylike as I did when I was crazy...more of it, "Okay, fine....y'know what fuck it-if none of you fucking consumer culture spoonfeed bastards is gonna do anything I'll do something to effect the culure stream then I will"...I'm sure there are actually tones of media spoonfed consumer culture-raised bastards out there doing heaps to try and effect the meme pool but there's probably even more just numbly going along with the machine's transmitions...
So I'm getting tired so I might stop typing but I think this is gonna be it now...my ascent back to some sort of significance; becoming a 'voice' again...not that I think I will ever cause an amazingly noticeable nipple in the meme pool but I was at one stage about 3 years ago "known" and went for what seems like a year without meeting someone on a night out etc that hadn't already heard of me from my Internet precense and being approached by people asking "are you cloudface"...there are still technically more people that refer to me as cloudface than Ross and many that don't know my real name...it was completely unplanned and unwanted before and it sorta twisted me into an ego monster when things went pearshaped so I've been avoiding trying to raise my online voice too loud for fear of trainwreck repition but perhaps knowing what can happen if I get "noticed" will be my touchstone this time round....
...when I was being checked into the psycheward by the cops there was a weird looking puddle of water on the hospital floor..I stuck my toe in it and move it around and I swear it looked like a phoenix....I had no idea what was about to happen at the hospital but I knew I was gonna be ousted/shuned/made a pariah so I stared at the puddle and started saying "I will rise again like the phoenix"-I actively created a future flashback to refer to.......it really freaked out one of the cops that was standing there with me tho (LOLz).....
as wanky as it sounds maybe it's time for the water phoenix to stop worrying about being perceived as egotistical for wanting to "say something" and being painted with the "you're crazy so we can milign you" brush and use the water phoenix as a totem....y'know cloudface n all that shit...
man haven't done a (mostly) stream of conciousness ramble like that/that long for a while...sleep needed
"Because you see," says Bloom, "for an advertisement you must have repetition. That's the whole secret."
- James Joyce from Ulysses
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment